Tuesday, January 05, 2021

I wrote a new song! Jason Brown and I performed it for the first time over the weekend


“Home” by Emily Potter How deep does my soul go I I was afraid we’d regret You on that plane with your one way ticket Could you look past the wounded man To see the king I am When you set your guitar down My walls crashed to the ground The road is long But it’s shorter with a song So will you sing with me as I go As deep as I go II I was afraid to show my all My ugly my beautiful Is my song good enough Will I be all I dream of In my dark uncertainty You saw me only as a queen The road is long But this is where I belong Will you sing with me as I go As deep as I go Chorus Home I’m going home I’m picking up the crown I lost When I forgot who I was And I’m going home I'm going home I'm going home III When life or death takes you from me And I’ve claimed every bit of my majesty I won’t need wealth or land To remember who I am How long’s the road To the heart of my home How deep do royal waters flow If you want to know Walk with me, real slow As deep as I go Chorus II I’m going home As deep as I can go Walk with me Walk with me To the center of my soul I’m going home

No comments: